Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Ay Dios mio!!!!!!!! 0_o

 So it's been a busy past couple of days, with Valentines day and going back to work. I must say I have the most amazing husband in the world. He got beautiful white roses, an amazing card, and an iPad! :) He had a whole perfect night planned our for us. Unfortunately he received last minute orders, saying he needed to go and do night shooting along with other Airman, so we had to cancel our plans. Some of the perks of being a Military family, you never know when duty calls. It was okay though I understood, we can always make it up...When in the military we have to understand, what they say goes even if it means canceling your plans. He came home so upset, I needed to sit him down and talk to him and let him know that I was not mad at all, some times things happened and it is what it is. Not to mention I would rather him get this training done and know what he is doing, then not do it, and something happen while he is deploy and him and his flight not be ready. It's better to miss one valentine's day together, then many more because God forbid something happened to him.
 While he was working all day I was looking at Pinterest (I am like addicted to it (: ) and I came across this picture of a military couple and the description said pre deployment pictures OpLove. I by accident clicked on it and it was this non profit organization that, get professional photographers, and they volunteer to take pre deployment pictures, and homecoming pictures of families with deploying members in the military. I fell in love with the idea and signed up for it, now TJ and I are having our pre deployment pictures taken here soon, I'm super excited!!.
  Yesterday Keirstin and I went out for dinner to a girls night!! and it was great we talked about everything lol after dinner we went  into the store called Ten thousand Villages and we fell in love!!!!! We wanted to buy everything lol, we decided that we were going to go back once we move, so that we can buy decoration stuff for the apartment. After that, we went to Target because I needed to pick up some things for Tj since he just got his small pox shot, and we ended up going pillow crazy and we bought  2 pillows each!!! :D


  Yesterday was a every interesting day, sometimes in life you have to postpone things because others happen, with being a military wife that is a constant things happening. In you life your husband, his carrier and the military have to come before you, and that is a fact. I want to get started with my life and start to follow my dreams, but it seems that every time it's about to happen something happens where it can't happen! Every since I was in school I said I was going to go into the Air Force and I was going to become an officer. For one reason or the other I was not able to do it when I got out of High School, Tj decided he wanted to join so I was not able to continue because it would have been too hard since we were just engaged and not being married we could have been a bad idea. I decided to let him go and follow his dream and I can always come back to it. Unfortunately we were station in VA and there is not a single college that has my degree so I was disappointed, I looked into everything. So I talked to TJ and together we made the decision that I should go Air National Guard. Is still the Air Force but I would belong to the State of Virginia I would be based here in Langley, and I would only be doing one weekend a month and 2 weeks out of the year. It worked perfect!! because I would get my school paid for, I would be following my dream to be in the Air Force and I would not have to worry about not being based with the hubby. Once I got my degree he would already have his and both of us could enlist as officers. We were super excited!! we knew that a few months apart would be better than several. I started to go through the process and two weeks later we found out he was deploying....As many of you wives know the enlisting process is a long one and it can take several months before I would be going to basic. Doing some math with my recruiter we can to the conclusion that I would be going to basic while Tj is deployed, or when he is getting back... I didn't know what I wanted should I just wait it out and once again put my dreams on hold so that TJ can do what he needs to do, and I can be here for him when he get back to deployment? I just didn't know what I wanted it was such a hard decision to make and of course I wanted to talk to him and he said " Follow your dreams baby, don't stop because of me because you know I will always be here" that didn't really help. I was happy because the recruiter said that it would take 3 weeks before I heard back from MEPS saying I was medically pre qualified, I thought I had time to think it all over and make sure that this was okay! AND yesterday I got the text message " Hey, you are approved" I was scared frustrated I didn't know how to respond! I didn't know what to do go and start my dreams, or stay back and not do it? They don't have the job I want available anyway....I talked to TJ  and when I explained to him my feelings I can see the disappointment is his eyes, because he wants me to follow my dreams and not stop because of him. That more then anything hurt me!! After giving it a log thought, we decided that I was going to do it. My MEPS day is now March 4 while he is away in training, I would be taking my ASVAB and doing my Physical on the same day there is no turning back after that....
  You know, we can never plan things in life to go the way you want them to go, as much as I want to be the perfect house wife, and be here for my husband and all, sometimes is just not possible. With being married you now have to think about the two of you and make the decisions together and what is best for both of us. With the military you never know how things are going to happen, but all you can do is always be prepared for the worse, and know that at any giving time or moment anything can happen. It will be hard if things turn out where I leave when he is coming back or as he is getting ready to come back, but it will be worth in the long run. Sometimes we have to look at the big picture and with both of us having a steady paycheck it would be better feature guaranteed when we decide to start a family... I rather take the risk, and find out what is in store for me than to always wonder what if? or saying I should have...


No comments:

Post a Comment