Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Is it just me?....

    It's been a great day!! :) Tj and I decided what we wanted to go, and visit his mom and dad in Charlottesville! It's been such a great time, we love coming up here because the views are so pretty and not to mention we love spending time with them :) Unfortunately we have to go back home to tomorrow, as TJ has training on Tuesday and I have work... Such a bummer sometimes I wish we didn't have to work and we could just spend time with family. 

   Something that I have learned about being in a military wife, is that your action can affect your husband. I have seen it happen. I rather many times keep my mouth shut, than to say or do something that can affect my hubby, and maybe even put him in harms way. I  LOVE social networks, I think it's a great way to keep in contact with people, and to meet friends. Thanks to social networking I have made many, life long friends. However you have to know how to  handle social networking. I support and I will stand behind every  single one of my MILSO I don't care what branch you are from, we are all in the same situation serving the same country. What I do not stand behind is ignorance, immaturity, and stupidity. 
  Is it just me or one of the biggest things I hate is when  I go on Instagram or Facebook and see a post of a fellow MILSO complaining about the situation she/he is in. Saying such things as "My husband/wife is doing this so that all of you can have your freedom" I'm sorry that you had to miss a birthday, St Patricks day, Valentines Day, etc but those are things that come with being a MILSO and we knew that the moment they signed that contract (I know it's the last thing we want to hear is "you knew what you were getting yourself into but sometimes we need to hear it) his carrier, his life and time would be dedicated to the military whether we like it or not. Making our civilians friends feel bad about it,  it's not going to change anything!  What I can tell you is that there are other wives that have had it much more worse than missing a holiday. What about those that have giving birth while their husbands are over seas? or the ones that have been alone all their pregnancies? NO ONE should have to miss the birth of their own child, but yet you don't hear them complaining about it...they stay strong and know that their husbands are doing what is best for them. Those are the type of MILSOs that I respect, specially the ones that stay home with the kids while their hubbies are away. 
  Another thing I really hate is when people are ignorant, and rude over social networking. I understand that we have the right of speech, but come on that does not mean that we have to go out and disrespect, or offend other people. We are all have the right to our opinion but sometimes is best to not say anything or put it in a way where, someone is not going to get offended. We play a big role in our husbands life, and like I said before we represent them when they are not with us, and the things we say, post or do can and WILL affect your husband. Like may of my friends say "Once you join the military you don't have full rights"  Posting something offensive about someone, a race or anything is rude and wrong. Imagine going to your husbands supervisor or chief and saying something that might of offend them... I don't know about anyone but that is something that I would regret very fast. So why in the world are some MILSOs going on social networks posting things that can offend people??!?!?!?!? what if your husbands higher up see it? Please explain to me how you would handle that? Please just keep your opinion to your self you don't know who is offending. 
  Yes we are military wives and things aren't always easy for us, but we are also not the center of the world! The world does not revolve around us. There is no reason why we need to make civilians feel like they should feel sorry for us because our husbands are fighting for our freedom. 

  It's very annoying to see post of wives complaining, trying to make people feel sorry for them, posting stupid stuff (pictures of alcohol when you are clearly underage) posting your whole personal life it's annoying, and not to mention it makes us all look bad! SPECIALLY if you get down to the level of arguing and fighting over social networking!!! and if you ask me that is immature and naive!! 
As a milso lets please keep in mind the things we do or post, and how we act because we don't know who is watching, or reading, who it might hurt or even offend or who's life we can be putting in danger for posting the wrong thing! COME ON LADIES we are classier than this!!!! 

 On that note is time for me to go bed, it's been a long day!!!!!  But I found this so I thought I share! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment