Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's day!

  AHHHH love is in the air!!! :) So the hubby said that we have plans for today! but he would not tell me what we are doing. :( This is our first Valentine's day together as a married couple :) and because he is deploying soon I wanted to make it super super extra special!! I decided that I was going to cook him a fancy 3 course meal! :)
  The menu:
Appetizer- Bruschetta on top of toasted french bread!
Main meal- Sirloin Steak with balsamic glaze on top of a bed of rice, with carrots :)
His favorite drink- Shirley Temple
Dessert: I baked chocolate cupcakes filled with Peanut Butter and others with Nutella! (his favorite too)



   It was a super easy meal to make :) I made it all myself and he enjoyed it soooo much I have never seen him enjoy a meal so much!! It really made my day. After dinner we sat and watched some TV, because he had a long day he fell asleep on my shoulder, I thought it was the cutest thing ever. Now a days I don't take anything he does for granted, not being ale to see him for so long is going to SUCK!!! So I appreciate the little things he does.
   I order my second name tape bracelet yesterday, I'm so excited for it to come in!! I bought from this website because they are really cute and because a percentage of the profits go to Wounded Warrior Project, one of the our favorite organizations.
 I was thinking yesterday, if it wasn't for the situation that I am in I would have never met all the wonderful women that have crossed my way. I would never have talked to a stranger on the internet unless I new them.  The military has giving me the opportunity  to meet women all over the United States, who understand what I am going through because they are going through it themselves. I have become really close to this girl that I have met on Instagram, by complete accident!! I am so glad I met her though because we will be neighbors and we get along just great. Many people will never understand how you can become close friends with someone that you don't even know, but just like any situation in the military, you have to be there to understand, because no one will ever understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment